Friday, March 14, 2014

Nothing Like the Last Minute


Have you ever had the feeling that you forgot to do something?  All evening, as I went to dinner with the other three teachers who traveled to Springfield with me for the Illinois Reading Council conference, I kept thinking there was SOMETHING I needed to do, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Our presentation was over.... it wasn't that.
I had my phone and my wallet....
I had called my children to find out how their day had been.....

It wasn't until just about 5 minutes ago that I realized what I had forgotten.

I forgot to write my SLICE!

So here I am writing now at 10:37 PM, a time when I am usually snuggled up in bed with a good book, barely keeping my eyes open, but I am bound and determined to write and post here every single day.  I'm sure I have many profound and wonderful things to write about, but I'm so tired that I can't think of a single one.

Tomorrow I drive home and get back to my real life.  It will be good.

And maybe I'll remember to write my slices earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment