Saturday, May 19, 2012

An Almost Summer Morning

This morning I am attending a meeting I thought about backing out of.  I've had a stressful week, and this is the second Saturday in a row that I am spending away from  my family.  These all day events that take me away from Dan and the girls are not my favorite things, especially now that the weather is warm and sunny and we could be out exploring the bike trails or the Botanic Gardens.

Now that I'm here, though, I'm glad I made the hour-long drive to Geneva.  Our meeting is being held at a lovely bed and breakfast, and we are currently sitting on a patio in a garden with birds chirping in the trees and coffee on the tables.  I've enjoyed great conversation over breakfast and had the opportunity to get caught up with people I've not seen for a while.

Honestly, if I were at home, I would probably just now be getting home from the grocery store, unpacking groceries, cleaning out the fridge, doing laundry and hassling Abby to get her room clean.  We probably wouldn't get around to bike riding or garden viewing until after lunch, and then I might be so caught up in a project that we wouldn't even leave the house.

Right now, sitting on this patio sipping coffee and writing is winning out over housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment