Saturday, March 17, 2018

Her Biggest Fan


I've spent much of my weekend in our junior high gym watching my daughter play Sarah Brown in Guys & Dolls, Jr.  It was a great performance... one of the best musicals the school has put in since my OTHER daughter played Genie in Aladdin, Jr. three years ago.

I love watching my daughters perform, to be fully engaged in doing something they love.  They both dance and play musical instruments.  They are both involved in theater in one way or another. 

This weekend, though, was eye-opening for me in that I had no idea how good Abby would be in this role.  I don't often get to hear her sing.  Most of the time, she sings in her room with her door closed while she plays her ukelele.  To see this side of her talent was absolutely amazing.


I'm so proud of my girl and the other cast members.  I'm thankful for the teachers who put in hours and hours of work to make sure the kids were able to shine.  And I'm thankful to be a parent and teacher in a school district that understands the importance of the fine and performing arts.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you love when our kiddos surprise us with their talents?!! My son was in the Nutcracker this past year. He did it because my daughter's dance teacher needed boys to be in the party scene. When he did his performance we were surprisingly blown away! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so wonderful to watch our kids shine like this! What a beautiful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful opportunities for both of your girls. Also such a lovely surprise to see your Abby shine her brightest.

    ReplyDelete