Thursday, March 22, 2018

Oops.


Last night was my older daughter's spring orchestra concert.  Our high school district is made up of two schools.  Each school has its own orchestra, but they also have a combined orchestra that rehearses on Wednesday evenings.  All orchestra students, sophomores through seniors, are required to be in the combined orchestra.  It's a big commitment.

But worth it.


The concert started with three concertos, each featuring a different soloist.  Following the intermission we heard a percussion ensemble, two pieces from the entire orchestra.  Even though Molly only played in the two pieces, I soaked in the entire experience.

I thought about how lucky we are.  Molly is lucky to have attended elementary and high school districts that value the fine and performing arts.  She is lucky to have access to amazing teachers who work hard to help the kids reach their full potential.  I am lucky to be able to watch my daughters (and current and former students) find outlets for their creativity and passion for music. 

So this is the long way of saying that I missed my slice yesterday.  By the time we got home from the concert, I was lost in my own head and completely forgot about writing.

It's okay.  It was worth it.


2 comments:

  1. No worries. I forgot once too! I'm still finishing the challenge strong, though! I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. I forgot once too! I'm still finishing the challenge strong, though! I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete