Thursday, March 1, 2018

If It's March, I Must Be Writing

It's March 1st, which means I'm writing daily in this space.  Every February, I wonder if I'm up to the challenge of completing the Slice of Life challenge.  Most Februaries, I decide to jump in.  Only once in the eight years that I've been doing this have I met the challenge of writing and posting every day.  Usually, life gets in the way... I forget to write or I can't think of anything to write about or I wonder if anyone reads this anyway.

This year, I'm committing again.  I'm setting my intention to open my writers' eyes and consider the world around me.  When I do this, I see the world in a different way.  I notice small things that I seem to pass by the rest of the year.  I'm hoping the writing habit I'll form will stick.

So if you're willing, join me on this journey.  I can promise I'll write about school, my family, my dog, the college search, and cooking.  Hopefully, I'll surprise myself and find some new topics to write about along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Mindi- I love seeing you post in the challenge each year. This is my seventh. I agree that you see the world differently when you take on the challenge! I actually take more pictures of spring and look and listen more closely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to another year of slicing! It is a challenge to write every day. I say, do the best you can! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete