Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Walking in Sunshine


Today was one of those days that was booked wall to wall.  I started the day in my own building, facilitating a PD session with one of the teacher teams.  I finished the day at one of the elementary buildings after spending the afternoon on my own learning.

In between, I got to take a walk.

My afternoon meeting was in the elementary school nearest the Junior High.  It's about three blocks away, and in the winter or on rainy days I DO drive there, even though I know it's kind of ridiculous to do so.

Today, though, was sunny and fairly warm, and there was NO WAY I was going to pass up the opportunity to walk those three blocks and soak up some sunshine.  This winter has been tough, and the sun hasn't been very forthcoming yet this spring.  I need some vitamin D, people!

At 3:35, I joined the littles in the crosswalk, said hello to the crossing guard, and smiled my way back to the Junior High.  Just being out in the fresh air, by myself, with some time to think in the bright sunlight was the perfect way to end my day.

Hopefully, I'll get to see the sun again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your walk. After what seemed like an endless winter, I too am ready for some sun. I'm not ready for the heat of summer, but I'll take some beautiful days of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds quite wonderful, Mindi. Good for you for taking the time, too. Sometimes we just rush too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, perfect! Hope there are many more walks in the sunshine in your future!

    ReplyDelete