Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Fun


Tonight I went to see the junior high production of Shrek, Jr.  What a fun way to spend a Friday evening.  The kids did a great job of putting on the show, but of course, I had a favorite actor!

Abby was cast as the Pied Piper, but at the last minute, she was tapped to take over the role of one of the Three Little Pigs, since the girl playing the role was sick.  Abby found out at 3:35 yesterday afternoon that she would be taking over for the first performance, and she reprised the role again tonight.  This, on top of her regular role!

What a proud mom I was.  The directors knew Abby would be able to slip into this role, learning the couple of lines, yes, but also singing the songs and quickly picking up choreography.  She rose to the challenge, just like they (and I) knew she would.

I love seeing my kids do the things they love.  Whether playing in the band or orchestra, performing in a play, or dancing in a recital, their passion and dedication shows.  I also love that they share these activities as well.  These two have a bond that is growing as they get older.

I can't wait to see what's next.

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to end your week! I love watching my kids perform in their activities, too. It brings joy to our parent hearts to see our children happy and joyful doing what they love. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the toughest things to do is step into a role at the last minute! Good for Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the toughest things to do is step into a role at the last minute! Good for Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun way to end your week. It is truly a magical thing to watch our children perform. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete