Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday


I try my best to do everything I HAVE to do on Saturdays so that on Sundays I can just chill and relax and read and nap and generally just take care of me.  I was mostly successful this weekend. I did have to go to the grocery store today and do the last two loads of laundry left from yesterday, but other than that, I have been hanging on the sofa with Rehab Addict on in the background, writing and scheduling blog posts for my other blog, Next Best Book.

It's quiet here today; both kids are up in their rooms doing homework and tidying up.  My guess is that Abby is drawing and watching YouTube videos, too.  That's ok, since she doesn't have school tomorrow and can get her homework finished then.  Before too long, I'll probably hear Molly's violin as she gets some practice time in.  Dan is in the other room, reading.  I heard the guitar a while ago, but I don't any more.  If I walked in there, I might just catch him dozing, his iPad on his chest.

It's still to cold to do much in the yard too early to plant much of anything.  Spring will really be here soon and Sundays will be busier with cleaning out the garage and working in the yard.  For now, I'm going to be happy just being lazy.

2 comments:

  1. I love Sundays too like this. I am siting here commenting and listening to my dryer clang every time a metal fastener hits the side. My daughter is working on a school project and my hard-working husband is resting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self care is SOOO important. I'm still trying to figure out how to manage the workflow so that I have at least 1 entire day of the weekend for self care.

    ReplyDelete