Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cheesy



Some nights I make the perfect dinner to suit the weather and mood of the day.  Today was one of those days.  It was a cold, gray, rainy day in the Chicago area, and all day I felt tired and lethargic.  All I wanted to do was go home and take a nap; I certainly wasn't interested in cooking an elaborate dinner!

I thought about what I had in my freezer or pantry that I could whip up while my oldest was at dance class, and I remembered a bag of frozen ravioli.  Mmmmm..... ravioli!  Know what makes ravioli taste even better?  Baking it in the oven with cheese on top.  There's something about the red sauce, the pasta, and that bubbly cheese that is immensely satisfying.  It's warm and comforting and that kind of stick-to-your-ribs meal that makes a cold, icky day a little less icky.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, sounds fantastic and comforting. I like to try to match my meals to my mood and the weather, too. ..Makes the evening so much better.

    ReplyDelete