Saturday, March 12, 2011

Reflections on a baby sister (well.. she's not really a baby anymore)




Today my younger sister arrived to spend a few days with us.  When I say younger, I mean much younger.  I was 21 when she was born, so when we are out together, people often think I am her mom instead of her sister.  When she was little, it used to bother me, but now I'm ok with it. 

Lindsey is the youngest of my dad's second set of kids.  I must admit, there are times when I have moments of jealousy.  She's had experiences and opportunities with our dad that I didn't get to have because after my parents divorced, I saw my dad only a couple of times a month.  Mostly, though, I feel lucky to have such a great sister.  She's a junior in college, majoring in music education, and as I watch her having those college experiences that I can barely remember, I'm impressed by her maturity and sense of self.  She's worked hard to get where she is, and I know she's going to make a fabulous music teacher. 

So if you read this, Lindz, know that you've got a big sister who loves you lots and who will always be in your corner, no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic relationship you two much have! And what a blessing to be able to have her come and visit you! She must look up to you quite a bit both as her big sister and as an experienced teacher. Lucky you and lucky Lindsey!

    -Carrie F.

    ReplyDelete