Sometimes I get so caught up in the busy-ness of being a mom, teacher, and wife that I forget to slow down and appreciate the little things that make my life just that little bit better. For today's slice, I thought I'd share a few of those:
- The way my basement smells when I'm doing the laundry. I love the bleachy smell of the white load. It makes me think of summer and lazy days spent at the pool.
- Warm towels fresh from the dryer. 'Nuff said.
- Baking with my girls. Yes, it makes a mess, but that time we spend together in the kitchen mixing (and tasting) dough is providing them not only with special time with mom, but an arsenal of recipes they'll be able to share with their own families some day.
- Watching The Daily Show with my guy. By the time we fire up the DVR, the girls are in bed, the dog is snuggled between us on the couch, and we can enjoy a laugh together. It's a great way to end an evening.
- The quiet of my house at 5AM. This is my time for myself. I check my email, see what's new on Twitter, and then head to my basement for 45 minutes of Wii. It's a fun way to get some exercise until spring is firmly here.
- My Land's End electric blanket. My bedroom is COLD, and I fire that puppy up about 15 minutes before I head into bed with a book. I get all warm before drifting off to bed, but I have to remember to turn it off before I fall asleep or else I get TOO hot overnight. It's the best blanket I've ever bought.