Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Amusing Myself

What do YOU do when you're alone in your Mom-van for a three hour drive through the flat, flat land of Illinois?

I know what I do... I sing.

Loudly.

As I drove south on I-55 today on my way to Springfield, I puy my playlist on shuffle and sang whatever songs came up.  I sang loudly and off-key, and I didn't care one single bit.  After a hectic week, the release of being alone and singing at the top of my lungs was rejuvenating and much needed.

I have very eclectic taste in music.  Want a sample?  Here are the five songs that randomly came up as I hit the foward button on my playlist:
Monday Morning by Fleetwood Mac
Daydream Believer by The Monkees
If I Were a Boy by Beyonce
January Hymn by The Decemberists
Clocks by Coldplay.

Sometimes I wonder how I must look singing with my mouth wide open and dancing from the hips up as I drive down the highway.  I realize just as I'm about to censor myself that it doesn't really matter what the heck I look like.... I'm having fun and blowing off steam.

In the end, that's what matters.... not what anyone else thinks.

I'm curious.... what's on your playlist?

4 comments:

  1. You're my kind of road trip buddy! I know that stretch of 55 well from all my trips up to Illinois to visit family. Since I never seen to have enough memory on my phone anymore, I don't keep many songs there, trading my iTunes songlist for Pandora. When I'm roadtripping, I'm bound to be listening to Ingrid Michaelson, The Beatles, Mumford and Sons, Dropkick Murphy's, and P!nk! I flip around a lot from genre to genre depending on my mood and how much of an energy boost I need! Love the image you shared of bouncing down the road enjoying the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, my playlist on a long trip would include things like Temper Trap, Passion Pit and a little Kimbra thrown in. Maybe some Silversun Pickups too. Your list sounds great and probably makes the trip go by a little faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! There's nothing like belting out some songs (alone or with a full vehicle)!! Have you seen the parents lip syncing to Love is an Open Door while they're kiddo is so disinterested in the backseat. It's the best! And I suppose I also answered your question about my playlist...smh

    Amanda - ELA 101

    ReplyDelete