Tuesday, March 31, 2015

31 Days! I Made It!



I've managed to write every day for the past month.  It wasn't always easy, and the words didn't always want to come, but I'm so glad I persevered.

The Slice of Life Story Challenge is truly a challenge to me.  I want to write, but I don't always make myself do it.  Having the challenge as a motivator helps.

The next step is to figure out how to keep my self motivated to write the eleven other months of the year.

Because I do want to write.  I have things to say.  I have things to share.

But that nasty censor in my head tells me that I don't have things to say that are worth sharing.

The hardest part of writing is turning that censor off.  The writing challenge helps with that, because it forces me to look at my world in a different way.  I am only looking for small things to write about.

The big question is... will I work up the courage to write about the big things?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do! This was my first month-long slicing experience and it was wonderful. It's nice to have encouragement and a community of people with similar goals. I'm hoping to write about some big things too. We can do it.

    ReplyDelete