Friday, March 27, 2015

Can't Hardly Wait



Tonight is the first night of my spring break.  I'm finally getting my Christmas present from my husband... an evening out for a nice dinner and then to see The Decemberists at the Chicago Theater.


I'm quite excited.

Dan has taken me to see The Decemberists before - twice in fact - but both of those times were in venues that were less than comfortable.  I'm not a fan of crowds, and the places where we tend to see music acts are places where if there are seats, they are few and far between and tend to fill up fast.  So we end up standing for the couple of hours that the band is playing.

This is not a problem for Dan.  But I am only 5'3", so I often can't see over the tall people standing in front of me.  I also do not like feeling squished between people.  Also, I don't always make proper shoe choices and then my back is hurting by the end.

So when I saw the venue THIS time was the Chicago Theatre, I was exited.  This is a REAL THEATER with GOOD SOUND and REAL SEATS.

There will be seated dancing.  And singing along, though probably not out loud.
We will stay out late!
We will have fun!

If you ask me, this is the perfect way to begin my spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment