Monday, March 5, 2018

A Little Love on Your Plate


I was raised in a family that believes feeding the people you love is the way to show your love.  As a result, I cook the same way.  I cook for my family pretty much every night.  I bake for their birthdays and the holidays.  I believe if I don't have leftovers, then someone left my table hungry, and that simply will not do.

For the past year or so, I have been making a concerted effort to eat healthier foods.  I eat A LOT of fruits and veg. Chicken.  Fish. Beans. Lentils.

I have pretty much given up bread.

Over the past year of my healthy eating journey, I have also been posting pictures of my healthy (and sometimes my not-so-healthy splurge meals) on Instagram.  I'm not sure why I started doing this.  Maybe it's another way to share my love of cooking and my new-found appreciation for pretty, healthy food with others.  Maybe it's for the likes.  Who knows?

Want so see what I've been cooking?  Take a peek!
 
Dinner tonight: Chicken Tostada Salad
Huevos!
Shrimp with Tomatoes and Corn with Avocado Salad

Let me know when you want to come over for dinner.  I promise... you won't go away hungry.

1 comment:

  1. I was raised the same! My husband wasn't, and he still doesn't quite understand why his opinions on my cooking mean so much to me, or why I am so eager to make things he prefers. Your pics look delicious!

    ReplyDelete