It's 10pm, and I'm just now sitting down to write. Between the Parents Association meeting at the high school and then Abby needing to use my homework to make a video about interrobangs, I am starting late.
I'm at a loss for ideas tonight, so I'm making a list of things that are making me happy right now.
- The March Book Madness the third grade is doing right now. We're using the picture book bracket from Tony Keefer and Scott Jones, and the kids are so excited. It's ridiculously fun.
- My kids. They are growing into such interesting people. We have the best, most random conversations around the dinner table. They're hilarious to boot.
- My guy. He's always there for me... no matter what I need.
- Kirbee (my dog). I love it when he crawls up behind my head and serves as the perfect neck roll. He's so warm; it's like a living hot water bottle.
- Hard boiled eggs. Eggs now count as a zero point food for Weight Watchers. They are my new go-to after school snack. Much better than a handfull of Thin Mints (which despite the name do not make you thin).
- My heated throw. Dan got this for me for Christmas, and I must say it is super nice on these cold evenings to curl up and relax under this blanket.
- My new car. Back in September we traded in the family minivan for a Honda CR-V. I love having a smaller vehicle.
- Laughter. I'm lucky to work with people who enjoy talking and laughing together at lunch. That 40 minutes in the middle of my work day perks me up no matter what's going on.
- Yoga pants. For real. As soon as I get home from school I change into yoga pants and a tee. I'm far more comfy, and hey... this way I don't have to change before I work out at 5:15AM!
- This Is Us. Well... this show makes me cry almost every week, but it draws me in and keeps me captivated.
- This list. It's hard to stay focused on the positive when so much of the news is horrible. By focusing on the good things, I can take care of myself... always important!
So... what's making you happy right now?