If you visited this spot yesterday, you saw that I was driving the struggle bus in a major way. I am happy to report that today was 100% better than Tuesday!
I'm not sure what made the difference... I still had to drop Abby off at school before I headed to Greenbriar. Maybe it was the sun shining that helped start my day in a positive mood.
Or maybe it was just me, decided that I control the weather in my head. I could choose to be annoyed and grumpy and out of sorts, or I could decide to find the positive in the world around me.
Here are some things that made me happy today:
- I felt rested when I woke up this morning. I made myself turn out my light before 11:00 last night, and I slept straight through to my alarm. This doesn't always happen.
- Dan made coffee before I came down for breakfast. He's been doing this for several months now, and I really appreciate that there's one less thing to do before I head out the door.
- I enjoyed lunch with my colleagues - lots of great conversations happen around that lunch table!
- I heard that Abby did a super job during the first performance of Guys & Dolls, Jr. this afternoon. The first performance is always during the school day for the district's fifth graders, so I didn't get to go.
- I'm going to have a house full of people this weekend, all here because they are coming to see Abby perform. I love having my extended family around.
And since I am going to have a house full of people, I'd better make that grocery list!