Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Tool I'm Eager to Try


Today I learned about an app that I think will come in very handy in my work as a literacy coach.  It's an app called LessonNote, and it is a free app available through Itunes.

Here's what it looks like:

When I am in a classroom collecting student data as part of my coaching work with a teacher, I can set the screen to reflect the classroom.  I can then click on specific students and make notes about behaviors and contributions.  I can then go back in my discussions with the teacher and look at the information I captured and reflect on it. I can even snap photos and those get included in my notes.

I know that I could do this just as easily with a pen and paper, but I am trying to migrate to digital file keeping, so this app could really be helpful with that.

The only thing that would be better is if I could export directly to Evernote.

I think I'll be playing with this one over spring break!

3 comments:

  1. This looks really useful. Thanks for sharing!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much technology out there, it's overwhelming. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a really interesting app. I will have to go look at it in more detail. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete