Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Eat Your Veggies


One of the problems of having a small suburban yard is our lack of space for a garden.  The past two summers, we've planted in raised beds in our front yard.  I'm sure our neighbors are thrilled, but no one has said anything to us directly, except for the lady who used to live across the street.  She offered to take any of our excess tomatoes.  We never have excess tomatoes, especially if we also have basil and fresh mozzarella.

About this time of year, I start to crave fresh summer veggies.  Tonight for dinner I pretended it was summer and made a yummy baked pasta dish with yellow squash and zucchini.  I'm counting the days until we get our first CSA delivery.  The thought of tomatoes warm from the garden, sliced and sprinkled with salt is enough to drive me crazy.

Monday night at dinner I asked my kids and nephews what they're looking forward to for the summer.  I, obviously, am looking forward to tomatoes.... and cucumbers.... and lettuce.... and radishes... and sweet corn.... and


4 comments:

  1. YUM! Even though I'm a picky veggie eater - your slice has my mouth watering for crispy veggies. I hope you have a bountiful harvest this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I want to come for dinner. The children and hubby are such picky veggie eaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothin' better than eating a tomato right from the vine and warm from the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, you make me want summer to come quickly. There's nothing better than fresh fruits and vegetables. I always enjoy stopping by markets --- and attempting a little gardening. Can't wait.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete