Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wayne's World Makes Me Feel Old


In an effort to relax after a busy two and a half days at the Illinois Reading Council conference in Springfield.  It was great to touch base with my friends from across the state as well as people from far away who came to the conference to present.  I'm returning to school on Monday with lots of things to think about (research on motivation presented by Nell Duke and reminders from Jeff Anderson to find the magic in mentor texts to name a few).

I come home exhausted from this conference every year and spend Saturday evening vegging on the couch, watching a movie and making my grocery list.  Tonight I was browsing the Amazon Prime list on our Roku and saw that Wayne's World is streaming for free. I haven't seen it for years, so I thought, "Why not?"

Here's why not..... it makes me feel old.  The very obvious early-90s setting, the horrible clothes and the young Rob Lowe make me wonder why I thought this movie was funny when I was 19.  Okay.... there are parts of it that are still funny.  But mostly I wonder if I looked as horrible as many of the people in this movie look.  I'm afraid the answer is yes, but I'm sure I looked EXCELLENT!


3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Isn't it funny to look back? And, isn't Jeff Anderson awesome? Glad you got to see him and feel inspired, even though all that learning can be pretty exhausting I can tell it has also motivated you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel even older since I never saw Wayne's World the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! I'm currently yearning for a watching of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I keep looking for it whenever I'm out, since it's not on Netflix. I'm sure it will make ME feel old too...

    ReplyDelete